Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

F150 Lariat: have a 2008 f150 and was rebuilt by Aamco Transmission

Customer Question

have a 2008 f150 and was rebuilt by Aamco Transmission about two omonths ago. Transmission malfunction light came on yesterday and engine went into fail safe mode. potential problem?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I would need a lot more information to even guess on the potential causes because there are so many, and they would be just that, guesses. getting you no farther ahead.
The codes need to be retrieved first, once I know those I can tell you how to diagnose and repair.
Often the 2 scenarios together, point to an electrical issue, not mechanical. For example a solenoid failure that can result in a lot of damage or uncontrolled shifting.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris