Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Transmissions

2007 camry transmission issues I want to purchase used with

Customer Question
128,000 miles is this a...
2007 camry transmission issues I want to purchase used with 128,000 miles is this a bad idea. I have read so many mixed reviews. Help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Transmissions
5/26/2015
Transmission Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
My name is Gary
I am sorry for the long wait
does this Camry have any transmission issues ?
or your worried it might down the road if you buy this car ?
I have just been reading reviews on this model. It doesn't now but I'm just wondering if this will be a issue for me. Also oil consumption and stalling were some reported issues
very hard to say without looking inside the transmission
if you drove the car and it shifted fine make sure the fluid is clean and full if the transmission fluid is clean and full the odds are this Camry's transmission should be fine
if the fluid is low or black or very dirty or even smells burnt at all do not buy the car
again with the stalling if it drives fine for you it should be fine for any stalling issues
oil consumption is a little tricky the best bet is make sure the oil is clean and full and it does not smoke or have any external oil leaks
if that checks out the odds are this Camry is not burning too much oil
most of these with those issues acted up before 100K miles
either this car will be fine or it possibly was already fixed for any one of those issues
Gary
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician