Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

The transmission on my 03 F350 7.3 is having trouble shifting

Customer Question

The transmission on my 03 F350 7.3 is having trouble shifting from 1-2 gear. The OD light is flashing. Not sure what the issue is???
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The DTC codes are p0781 and p0732.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
0781 1-2 shift error
0732 2nd gear slipping
Is this the only gear or shift with issues?
Do 3rd and 4th gears work fine?
We need to begin this diag by removing the pan and solenoid, accumulator, and valve bodies, Then install a air test plate and check the intermediate clutch to see if its leaking. If so then an overhaul is needed. If not then we need to check for solenoid and valve issues. Are these things you can do?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris