Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Lincoln MKX: My 2008 MKX transmission started slipping barely

Customer Question

My 2008 MKX transmission started slipping barely able to get it to drive. This quit after about 5 minutes and was able to drive it but it wouldn'tshift unless I put into neutral. I stopped after about 2 miles for about 10 minutes. When I started again in ran fine it didn't slip and it shifted fine for the 35 miles to my house. I have 124,000 miles and it AWD.
Bill
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Slipping results in the rpms reving really high but speed not increasing equally, is this what occurred?
Any warning lights on while this occurred?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes the.engine was reving and no lights came on. But after I stopped and restarted again it ran fine. I drove it about 30 more miles.
Thanks, ***** ***** you need to remove the pan and check for metal ships and debris, if there are none then service the fluid, and have the TCM reprogrammed and the shift strategy relearned.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris