Transmissions

Have Transmission Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy K2500: I have a 1994 k2500 4wd with 4l80e transmission…

Customer Question
I have a 1994 k2500...
I have a 1994 k2500 4wd with 4l80e transmission and it is in limp home mode I checked VSS and it is giving signal to the module ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Transmissions
5/18/2015
Transmission Mechanic: Mike S., Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic
Is it stuck in one gear? If so, which gear?
If so, check the fuse for the tranmission.
Are you saying rather that the engine is in limp mode?
Are there any codes stored?
Failure of the MAF causes the PCM to trigger the "limp-in" mode.
I checked fuses all good but I did not put on computer,I just put rebuild transmission in
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
It is stuck in 2 nd gear I think
I don't have live phone call setup.
Check the tranmission fuse.
I checked fuse and its good
It may be good, but you have to test it with a voltmeter or 12 volt test light on both sides to make sure, because what if something feeding it don't have power, then simply looking at the fuse isn't good enough. Understand? If you did actually test it, then move onto testing that wire at the tranmission.
I used a test light and it was good
So it showed voltage to both sides of the fuse? Ok then. Do you have voltage at the tranmsission?
You never did tell me what engine is this this.
I see that the trans fuse has a pink wire coming off it and splices into 2 pink wires which go to pins E and T of the tranmission. The key must be on run but I assume you already knew that.
Mike S.
Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic