Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet Silverado 1500: have 1999 chevy 1500 with 60e

Customer Question

Hi have 1999 chevy 1500 with 60e transmission. Did a motor swap runs good but won't shift to 3rd or 4th. Transmission problem may have been what took out the motor as my mom was pulling her csmper and wouldnt have realized if it wasnt shifting up. Doesn't even try no Rev up or anything just gets in 2nd and stays no matter if you max out rpms or let off it doesn't try to shift or pause.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Reverse park neutral reverse 1 and 2 shift great
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !
I am sorry for the long wait
are there any codes being set in the computer ?
any access to a scan tool to be able to shift the transmission with the scan tool ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No don't have a scan tool. It is not popping any codes check engine light or no others are on
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
ok thank you for that information
since you have 1st and 2nd gear the shift solenoids are fine and being told to work correctly
since the check engine light is on and there are no codes means the computer is controlling the shift solenoids and the wiring to the solenoids is good
the problem we have here will be inside the transmission with either the 2-3 shift valve stuck or sticking in the valve body or the 2-3 accumulator stuck or a channel plate/check ball issue
if those all check out then the only other thing to cause this will be the 3-3 clutch piston itself or the 3-4 piston seal torn or damaged
the best bet is to remove the valve body to inspect the valves and check the channel plate and for the check balls and the 2-3 accumulator
if that all is fine im sorry to say the transmission must come out and apart to inspect those internal parts i mentioned