How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jessica B Your Own Question
Jessica B
Jessica B,
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 2381
Experience:  Attorney at Donald B. Linsky & Associates, PA
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jessica B is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Live in montana. My husband bought a vehicle and died before

Customer Question

live in montana. My husband bought a vehicle and died before registering it. yes their is a lein, but can i just take over payments and register it?
JA: Has your husband talked to a MT lawyer about this?
Customer: he died he left everything to myself and daughter
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: went to dmv said i had to get a loan in my name. but somene said thats not true in montan
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that i just need the vehicle to be registered or it cant be driven
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jessica B replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I hope I may be of assistance with your question. Please remember to rate my service at the end of this session. Thank you!

You must refinance the vehicle loan into your sole name. Now with that said, even though you must do this, it does not effect you getting the title transferred into your name. Here is some information on how to transfer title when someone passes away in Montana.