Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones,
Experience:  Managing Attorney at Nisha Jones Law, LLC
93473422

I I got an uniform traffic ticket, I'm thinking to plea of

Customer Question

Hi, I I got an uniform traffic ticket, I'm thinking to plea of not guilty. What would the consequences be?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NY
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I don't know. But I have to fill in the form and mail out first
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm new to this issue. I would like to do a consultation or evaluation first, is it ok?
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dear lawyer, here are the ticket, I'd rather talk with you on the phone. Please call(###) ###-####when you are available looking at this. Thanks, Nancy
Expert:  Nisha Jones replied 4 months ago.

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. The photos you sent are rendering too blurry to be read, what was your citation for?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks. I wonder what is the best way to deal with it and what the possible consequences are?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
For speed over 55 zone
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
At West valley, NY, 14171

To clarify, you were observed and clocked via radar gun, doing 70 mph in a 55 mph zone, correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for clarifying.

To answer your original question -- if you plead not guilty, the ticket will be set for a court date.

At the court date you will have an opportunity to contest the charges on the ticket. You will be able to present any legal defenses you have, and dispute the listed speed.

The officer may also be present to testify as to what he observed that day, and the rate of speed at which you registered on his radar.

It's possible that the judge may dismiss the ticket if the officer does not appear in court.

Keep in mind that the statements you made to the officer, with regards ***** ***** up to pass, will also be admissible as evidence against you in court.

I hope that helps!

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me - I'll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Please remember that any information shared over this site is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should meet with and consult a local attorney for representation in this matter.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The officer said The speed limit is reduced to 55 mph at the bridge from 65 mph. But I didn’t see the sign and double checked it when I was driving back into that bridge.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks very much! Do you have service of connecting a local attorney?

The state Bar prohibits lawyers from making referral to other specific attorneys, however you can contact the New York State Bar Lawyer Referral Service and request a referral to a traffic lawyer in your county.

The phone number is:

1-***-***-****

Hope that helps!

Don't forget to rate, thank you!

The phone number is:

1-***-***-****

Hope that helps!

Don't forget to rate, thank you!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!