Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I got got by someone backing up and they have state farm for…

Customer Question
I got got by...

I got got by someone backing up and they have state farm for insurance, I was parked when i got hit. this occurred on apr 23rd. I deive a jeep grand cherokee overlund. anyhow state farm promised they would pay for a rental while my vehicle is being fixed.o get a vehicle 1st they said rental place will deliver, that turned out to be a lie. 2nd they said they would get me uber/link to take to the rental place that was a lie, I am trying to drive a wrecked vehicle thar is leaking antifreeze and FCW dummy light is constantly on. my job requires me 2 have a vehicle as a home health nurse. I am losing lots of hours over this. they say now i have to pay 4 rental and be considered for reimbursement. can someone please help me.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have went as far as made appointment with auto body shop that was on june 11th to try to force the issue and thats when i was figuring out about the lies i have been told. I have talked with multiple claim agents to try 2 resolve this Ive called all car rental areas that isnt contracted with state farm

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Im stressed s hell over this and afraid my engine might blow up or even worse i lose my job

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
Answered in 1 day by:
6/19/2018
Traffic Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

At this time, you need to file complaint against State Farm with your State's Department of Insurance for unreasonable delay in processing your claim. Click here to file your complaint.

You may also retain the services of a local consumer Attorney to assist you with the case. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Google.com

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

This site does not offer legal representation.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.