Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

We were driving thru Ohio on Vacation and received speeding…

Customer Question
We were driving thru...

We were driving thru Ohio on Vacation and received speeding ticket did not realize you have such a short time to contact court missed date what now

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

No

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Traffic Law
6/10/2018
Traffic Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that.
.

So it's actually not all that uncommon for people to miss court dates - not that it's a good idea obviously but courts do see it all the time, so what you could do is simply contact the court, let them know what happen and ask to reschedule your appearance (or send in your payment). Please let me know if if there's anything you need me to clarify, explain or follow up on - and I'd be happy to do so! If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 3 or more stars; 5 stars is definitely appreciated! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you. We get notification of our ratings instantly. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question; please do NOT rate negatively because you think I'm not going to come back - this is not like an auto connect-type communication with some companies. We are *real* lawyers and we may be in meetings or on the phone when you next respond so please be patient if you don't get a response in 10 minutes - or even an hour. I WILL come back and answer all of your questions.
-----------
Reminder: This site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.