Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Was involved in a three car collision. First car stopped I…

Customer Question
Was involved in...

Was involved in a three car collision. First car stopped I second car stopped. Pickup truck hit me hard enough to push me into the first car. The police give me a ticket for following to close? I didn't hit the first car till the truck pushed me into the first what gives

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

South Dakota

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Yes

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Traffic Law
5/31/2018
Traffic Lawyer: LegalPro54, Lawyer replied 23 days ago
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to answer your question.

It sounds like they concluded you rear ended the car in front of you BEFORE you were rear-ended yourself. You can certainly challenge the ticket based on your own testimony that you were PUSHED into the car in front of you. If the car in front of you will testify that they heard a crash sound before they felt an impact to the rear of your car, that would corroborate your story and be extremely helpful and dramatically increase your chances of defeating the ticket.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications, and the information provided is not legal advice.