Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I received a citation for driving without proof of insurance…

Customer Question
I received a citation for...
I received a citation for driving without proof of insurance in Florida. I forgot to take proof to the court and pay the fine. My license was subsequently suspended. I am trying to pay the fine and have my license reinstated. I just found out it was sent to collections. I cannot find any clear information on what that means in terms of money and barriers to reinstatement. I am on disability and hence my income is limited.
Any advice?.
Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Traffic Law
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I've read a lot of conflicting information: anything from huge fees once a ticket goes to collection to being able to do community service to pay off fines, to being able to pay with a payment plan. Obviously I am confused. I am going to contact CoC when they open but I would like to know what legal options may be available because I doubt the representative will be forthcoming.
Thank you.
5/31/2018
Traffic Lawyer: CriminalDefense, Attorney replied 21 days ago
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

In a situation like this, to lift the suspension, you need to pay the fine and any other money owed and due. In addition, you need to reinstate your license and get a D-6 clearance and then the license can be reinstated by the clerk of court. You can call the clerk of court in the county where this was pending and they will provide you with the amount owed.