Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I was in a car accident in a rental car with 2 others

Customer Question
Hi!I was in a car...
Hi!I was in a car accident in a rental car with 2 others people, nobody was hurt, but the driver was unauthorized. We got scared and said it was an authorized driver who was at the wheels during the accident...
We realized that the insurance of this authorized driver is not working going to work with the rental car.
So now that we put ourselves in this bad situation, we are wondering what is the best course of action for us ?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
5/30/2018
Traffic Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only. No course of action is proposed and the information provided does not constitute legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
.
I want to make sure I understand... you told the police or the insurance company that someone was driving who actually wasn't?

The police...