Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I missed my court date with a bond i forgot (traffic ticket…

Customer Question
Second opinion] hi Lawyer's...

Second opinion] hi

Lawyer's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

I missed my court date with a bond i forgot (traffic ticket related) today i find out that 5 day passed

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And do you have a reliable court contact?

Nyc

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

I think i should no?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Traffic Law
Answered in 1 day by:
5/27/2018
Traffic Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 29 days ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No please help me out to get another answer
Traffic Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 29 days ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, if you missed the date, your bond will be forfeited and they will enter a guilty plea against you. The citation says that you cannot reschedule these and you can appear in court if there is a conflict, but if you were set to appear and you did not appear, generally they forfeit your bond, enter a guilty against you for speeding and you will get surcharges now from DMV for having the speeding and cell phone ticket on your record.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.