How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Eagle Your Own Question
Legal Eagle
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 18372
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Legal Eagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How much do services cost? ) state, skagit and island

Customer Question

How much do services cost?
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).
Customer: Ok :)
JA: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Washington state, skagit and island counties
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. On my part. I got two tickets when i was in a car accident, and i have had no money to pay them yet. It got sent to collections, my licence got suspended. And i got pulled over a few days ago and am being charged with driving with a suspended in the third degree and have a mandatory court date coming up and am unsure what to do. And i cant not drive, i have no other way to work. Im not sure wjat actions to take. Or if a lawyer is required for this court date.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at the moment
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I recieced a letter yesterday changing my court date from the 23rd to the 16th of this month. I plan on calling monday to see if it can be reschedualed so i have time to collect money for fines and licence reissue on my upcoming paychecks. I have pictures of my tickets, dol info, and court paper that i will try and attach to help.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 7 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 7 months ago.

Thanks very much for your patience. Generally, on the assumption that you don't have a major criminal history that would put other drivers in your state in danger, your specific crime usually means that you will get your license reinstated, but this charge will usually be reduced to an infraction if not dismissed completely by the judge in your case.

I think that if you explain to the judge that you had no other way to work, that you haven't had the money to pay, if you haven't had any other accidents, no other DUIs or DWIs, and if you show some remorse, then you are likely to have this thing reduced to a fraction.

In your opinion, is there any money you could pay to the court soon?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That would be wonderful. You are correct in assuming i have no criminal history etc. The only rhing i have ever had are traffic tickets. I am also a upstanding citizen who works in healthcare and enjoys helping others inside and outside of work. I do have a bonus check coming on the 15nth or 16nth. I was planning on giving them that, it should be between 350 to 500 dollars. And then my actual paycheck comes on the 23rd this month. I should ne able to give them more then. However this paycheck coming on the 10nth i cant give any of, it pays my rent. I was originally planning on using the bonus to try and fix my furnace. I have had no heat all winter :/ , and i make too much money apparently to get help with it. I am also planning on reinstating my insurance and trying to afford that. However since they changed my court date to the 13nth, i wont have time to collect the money together. So hopefully if i call monday they should be able to change the date to further out.
Should i get a lawyer to represent me for this? And does it matter the tickets are in skagit county and the dwls is in island county?Thank you so much,
William ryder
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 7 months ago.

Thanks, William. The answer to your question is that you probably don't need a lawyer for this. In my understanding, the court should go relatively lenient on you, especially considering the mitigating (positive) circumstances that suggest you should not be jailed. It doesn't matter which county; it is likely your state refers Skagit issues to Island.

Did you have any other questions for me at all?