Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I went to chicago on Feb 27. I got 3 seeding

I went to chicago...

I went to chicago on Feb 27. I got 3 seeding tickets(automated camera). 1 ticket on Feb 27(11+) and 2 tickets on Feb 28(6-10)

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Il

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

No

Answered in 1 day by:
4/4/2018
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
I need to have the answer,please do not cancel the question.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

What is your question for us about these tickets?

Hi,I have 3 questions.1. I got 3 speeding tickets(automated camera, not through the cops) in 2 days(Feb 27 and Feb 28).One ticket says '11+' and other 2 says '6-10' . I got to the notice yesterday.
I have contested the tickets but not sure how to get these removed from my history.
Got 3 tickets in 2 days and I can see only the pictures of my car on the written notice but I do not see any videos online for the tickets.
Will these speeding tickets increase my insurance rates?Should i hire a lawyer? can lawyer help me in this situation?2. I am planning to switch to "Root" car insurance. Do you know about this insurance company?3. What if I have taken the auto insurance but what should I do if the insurance company does not help me in settling the claim? or if they deny the claim?what is the process to get the claim?

Thank you for your reply.

1) The 11+ ticket is a $100 fine while the other citations are $35.
2) You cannot get them removed from your history unless you are found not guilty. You need to get them removed by contesting them and being found not guilty. That means in court you need to prove it was not your car or your car did not appear in the pictures.

3) The tickets are allegedly not reported by Chicago to your driver's license and as such do not impact your insurance rates. It is all about Chicago collecting money, it is not about the speeding and that is according to statements reported in the Chicago Tribune as well.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thanks so much for your reply.I am confused with point 2 and 3. When I buy an auto insurance, they asks for my driving license and asks me how many tickets have I got. Till now I had 1 ticket in Oct 2016( got by the police officer on highway) and have increased insurance rate already.
Now, I have got 3 more(automated one, camera tickets) and that will be on driving history.
You mentioned "The tickets are allegedly not reported by Chicago to your driver's license and as such do not impact your insurance rates." but what if the insurance company checks my driving history?
Do you mean that these 3 tickets will not report on my driver's license but it will be only on driving history?But I have one speeding ticket on my driving license(which I got in Oct 2016 from the police officer).
What should I tell the insurance company while purchasing insurance? What if they check my driving history and increase my insurance rates?

Thank you for your reply.

These speeding tickets because they are not issued by an officer, Chicago says they do not report them to DMV. If they are not reported to DMV, they do not go on your license. That means if an insurance company checks your driving record with DMV, they would not be on your driver's license/driving history.

Thanks and can you help me in getting this removed from my history? I have contested but haven't received any judgement.