Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

PA speeding ticket VASCAR. However. The ticket says 325 ft.

Customer Question
PA speeding ticketVASCAR. However.The ticket...
PA speeding ticketVASCAR. However.The ticket says 325 ft. West of Herr ave is where he was. He says he used lines to determine the 2 distance points.If you go 325 ft. West of Herr Ave., there are no lines on the road. If you go 325 ft. East of Herr ave, there are very faint white lines.I observed the officer later, putting down yellow tape on those lines...much brighter than the dull white ones.2 questions. If I go to court, take pictures of there being no lines West of Herr Ave., can I get dismissal. In other words, I am going off the ticket location. How should I know to go east??2. Why install the bright yellow tape AFTER my ticket.
Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Traffic Law
4/2/2018
Traffic Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law replied 18 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

2 questions. If I go to court, take pictures of there being no lines West of Herr Ave., can I get dismissal. In other words, I am going off the ticket location. How should I know to go east??

Response: I cannot guarantee what the Court would do. However, you would make a persuasive case to the Court to dismiss the case.

2. Why install the bright yellow tape AFTER my ticket.

Response 2: A tacit admission that the lines were not visible at the time of your ticket; that ticket should not have been issued since you could not see the lines. You should use that evidence to ask the Court to dismiss the case.

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law