Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I just got arrested for driving on a suspended license. I…

Customer Question
I just got arrested...

I just got arrested for driving on a suspended license. I did not know that it was suspended it looks like when I paid for a speeding ticket they didnt cash the check so they suspended it in Oct of 2016 for failure to appear. I can get it un-suspended by paying the fine but what do I do about the misdemeanor? Should I have an attorney or just explain the situation and hope for the best? I have no prior problems with the police but I have no idea what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Yes for the driving on a suspended license arrest

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Traffic Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
Traffic Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 27 days ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and your question. Depending on the particular judge and jurisdiction, it is quite common for the court to dismiss these tickets if the driver has had their license reinstated before the go to court and especially if they have some believable version of the facts that show that the suspension was not their fault. Even if the suspension was their fault, if they reinstate before court, the ticket is often dismiss.

That said, I can't guess what the judges do in your specific jurisdiction, so I would highly recommend that you sit down with a local traffic ticket/criminal defense attorney for a consult and see what they say about your chances at a complete dismissal or a not guilty if you have to actually fight the ticket.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to reply to this answer and let me know that I covered your question, then the Site will give me credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Traffic Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 25 days ago

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 27th. For some reason we are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me, even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.

Marsha411JD, Lawyer