Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

It is legal double punishment for parking violation: towing…

Customer Question
It is legal double...

It is legal double punishment for parking violation : towing the car and ticket for the same violation?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

It was in Los Angeles Cal.

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

NO.I ask but they increase ticket because after their time on the ticket.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How to cancel that payment It is crazy $292USD plus 381dollar for ticket for simple parking violation

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Traffic Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
Traffic Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney replied 29 days ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

There's a law on the books where if your car remains in the same illegal parking place for more than 72 hours, not only can your car be ticketed but it can be impounded. So, yes, there are circumstances under which what you call double punishment is legal in Los Angeles.

That said, it would appear that some people have been able to challenge that if there are no posted signs warning of the time limitation. You should read the article I've linked you to below and consider consulting with a local lawyer to see if it's worth fighting.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-towing-lawsuit-20150809-story.html

Traffic Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney replied 28 days ago

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney