Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I was involved in a traffic accident in February. I was at…

Customer Question
I was involved in...

I was involved in a traffic accident in February. I was at fault (I rear-ended another car) At the time I was pretty shaken-up and I gave information to the investigating deputy that may not have been accurate. What should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None, court date is tomorrow.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Traffic Law
3/21/2018
Traffic Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Traffic Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Can you be a little more specific about what exactly was said, versus what happened?

Is the court date tomorrow for a criminal charge or a civil suit? Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Court date is for the charge. The information I gave that may have been inaccurate was where a third car came from. This vehicle was not actually involved in the accident but distracted me. I told the deputy that the car came from a particular street but I fear I may have been 'filling in the blanks'. As I say, I was pretty shaken because I was concerned about the woman in the car I hit and my own vehicle was totalled.
Traffic Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

Thanks for the additional information.

I see that you requested a phone call, and I'm happy to speak with you over the phone, but it appears there was an issue with processing payment for it.

You can contact customer support and they'll be able to help you get this resolved, so that we can get connected. You can reach a customer support agent here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You have rejected my card although it is up-to-date and I have given accurate information.
Traffic Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

Billing is handled entirely through customer support, so I'm not sure what exactly the problem might be, and unfortunately there's nothing I can do fix the problem on my end.

Rather, you'll need to speak with someone in customer support to get this resolved.

Here's the link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

I'll be online and I'm available and happy to speak with you once they get this cleared up for you. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have entered correct card info and the card is up- to-date. I am concerned this website may be a scam
Traffic Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

Unfortunately the system is still showing the payment error and won't allow me to initiate a call.

I'm not sure where the error is, but billing is entirely handled through customer support so they would need to resolve this for you.

Were you able to speak with someone at the link I sent you?

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

I'll be online with the site for several more hours today, and I'm happy to speak with you once they're able to get this cleared up for you. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Your site is mistaken - my credit card shows a pending charge of $31.00 datedMarch 21, 2018 to Just Answer* Expert.
Traffic Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

I'm sorry there's nothing I can do on my end to rectify this matter, none of the attorneys on the site handle billing, that's all done through customer support.

Ely, Attorney