Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I was in an accident in Los Angeles California where i was…

I was in...

I was in an accident in Los Angeles California where i was crossing the intersection on a yellow. the other car was turning left and cut infront of me. who would be at fault?

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The other car is claiming that the light had turned red and that is why she turned

3/20/2018
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

The left turning car has a legal duty to yield the right of way to traffic coming through the intersection.

That means they have a duty to wait for traffic to clear the intersection before proceeding through the left turn.

You would need to go to court if you were going to sue the other driver.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the other person is claiming i ran the red light, would that change who is at fault?

If you ran a red light then the fault would be yours. Hopefully there are witnesses to corroborate your version.

Are you still online with me?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there is but the other insurance company is turning his story around to benefit them

Then you may have to sue and present the evidence to support

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the insurance hasn't given finalized there judgment, but i want to be proactive and try to find a lawyer. I've had a lot of trouble finding one. do you have any recommendation ?

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Loren, Lawyer
Loren, Lawyer