Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I was rear-ended by an employee of Big O Tires driving a…

Customer Question
I was rear-ended by...

I was rear-ended by an employee of Big O Tires driving a customer's car. He had a suspended license. Right now everything is going under my insurance until the other insurance takes accountability. The officer ticketed him, and I had been driving straight in the same lane for about 400 feet. Now the kid is lying and trying to make the accident my fault (saying I pulled out in front of him). The report is not yet available on crashdocs.org.

Lawyer's Assistant: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

Colorady colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

No

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Traffic Law
3/19/2018
Traffic Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 1 month ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What are the best options; bring a case against the driver who was driving with a suspended license, or Big O Tires for allowing an employee with a suspended license to drive a customers car, who then hit me?
Your insurer on your behalf should pursue them both.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you don't advise obtaining a lawyer to assist?
I would. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What verbiage would I use? ie; what exactly would I be suing each for?
Negligence and principal agency theory for the company. The insurer would handle it. You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Ely, Attorney