Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I got a speeding ticket leaving my place of work at a state…

I got a speeding...

I got a speeding ticket leaving my place of work at a state prison in PA I am a state corrections officer. the issuing officer is a retired cpt at my prison we never got along he charged me with a PA 3362 fine plus 5 points from what I read in the crimes pa code. should I admit I was speeding which I was but there is no way that I was going 62 in a 35 im just trying not to get a ton of points and this was not done with a radar gun it was timing or vascar isn't there a large margin in human error for vascar

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pa

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Yes today at 1645

3/19/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You should NOT admit to anything, this is a 5 point ticket and it sounds like it was issued as retaliation to you. You need to go into court and plead not guilty and because of the situation involving the former correctional officer, you really need to have a local attorney representing you, because local attorneys most times can negotiate the best deals and get you the biggest reduction in points and fines. Even though it was VASCAR, which has been shown in the PA courts to have a considerable margin of error. See: http://travel.3dresearch.com/prep1.html

I would suggest to you that in this case hiring an attorney is the best bet. You can even raise your prior relationship with the officer as reasons the officer may not be truthful regarding the speed claimed on the citation and in addition you would challenge the accuracy of VASCAR which has been shown to have an error margin of up to 33 mph and which even PA law recognizes is not the most accurate measure.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.