Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

My son was turning left with a arrow was struck near

My son was turning...

My son was turning left with a green arrow was struck near passenger side rear wheel by a driver taking a right turn on red my son was turning onto a two lane road it was during a snow emergency and no police were available who is at fault Sioux Falls SD

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a SD lawyer about this?

No just insurance company other driver has not contacted his

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Other driver filed police report and they contacted my son claims adjuster is talking with other driver who insists he had right of way with right turn on red

3/18/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The truck turning on Red is always liable, since any vehicle turning on red has to make sure it is safe to do so before turning. Also, since your son had the GREEN, the guy who thinks he had right of way turning on red is even more wrong, since green arrow means it is safe to turn. The adjuster is wrong if he believes that the person turning on a red light has right of way over someone turning on a GREEN.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks for the quick response It should help!

Thank you for your reply.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney