Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

When I had my last accident and totaled my car, it was

trying to avoid an accident...
When I had my last accident and totaled my car, it was trying to avoid an accident as some car had sprung in front of me.
If I am driving in my lane and a car tries to cut in front of me, I don't try to avoid a collision, whose fault it's going to be from
the insurance point of view.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/19/2018
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Wendy
I won't mind a response.
Pay per question did get me an immediate response but monthly membership turned out to be not worth it. That is why I cancelled it.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry for the delay you experienced, the experts are not site employees so we have no control over when questions appear on our lists. I do apologize.

If you are in a lane of traffic and a car cuts into that lane and a collision occurs, as the car already established in the traffic lane, you would be the car with the right of way in that lane and would be the car in the right. Of course, you are expected to try to avoid the collision if you can safely do so, but if you do not try to avoid the collision, you are still in the right if you were the car established in the lane of traffic and the other car entered that lane.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.