Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I have a ticket for court tomorrow in Staten Island and I…

I have a ticket...

I have a ticket for court tomorrow in Staten Island and I need representation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Staten island, ny

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is for tomorrow at 9:30 am, an attorney is required

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need a call or a response by email today, 3/15/18.
3/16/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. JustAnswer is not a law firm and nobody here can represent you tomorrow. It would be a violation of the terms of service of this site and of our various licensing association.

Try getting to court early. There will be many other cases on the calendar and lawyers present. Find one who impresses you and take him aside. He's there already and you can retain him on the spot if he's willing to stick around to handle your case too.

If you MUST have a lawyer on your court date, this is the quickest way to find one when you're only 12 hours away from your court date.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, I understand. However, I have another question. Can I request a postponement in front of the judge myself stating that I was not able to find representation in case? The matter has not been adjourned previously?

Typically, yes. What kind of case is it and what is it on the calendar for?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a commercial truck which I was summonsed for Deosit unwholesome substance on highway and for smoke. It is a criminal court appearance ticket
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am from new jersey and my company, the ticket was issued in staten island, ny

I know where Staten Island is. I'm in Manhattan.

If it's a desk appearance ticket or a criminal court summons, you'll be able to get an adjournment if you ask for it. Criminal courts are generous about continuances. Just let the judge know that you need more time to find a lawyer.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney