Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I got a boot on my car last night. They're saying that I…

Customer Question
I got a boot...

I got a boot on my car last night. They're saying that I need to pay $722 by Friday, but I won't have that money

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok. How long until you are ready?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

California and no

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I've just spoken with the parking violation bureau to see if there are any other options but they said no

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Right now I have tickets totaling $1581 including late fees. Parking bureau is saying that I have to pay 40% of this plus the $150 boot fee in order to start a payment plan and get the boot taken off

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
3/14/2018
Traffic Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry, but what is your question for us regarding this? Parking control has its regulations regarding what they can or cannot do in these cases.

Is there a way for me to have the boot taken off my car and pay less than the $722?

Thank you for your reply.

I wish I could tell you there is, but the parking control office has their guidelines and payment plans are set. You cannot negotiate with them I am afraid, as they have to follow their set plans. Even if you sought to contest the parking tickets, you would have to pay first and then go to court and they would refund your money if you win in court and are found not guilty on the tickets.

I am so sorry because I do understand the financial burden that these types of situations put on people, but in this type of situation there is no other legal recourse I am afraid.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.