Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

My wife was driving my car and she took right turn in red…

Hi, my wife was...

Hi, my wife was driving my car and she took right turn in red and I got the ticket as my car is registered to my name. I was riding as passenger at that time. What shall I do now?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington State

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

No, they have instruction to pay fine online or in person at court

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's it

3/14/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Your Question:

Response: You should dispute the ticket because you were not the one driving the car. However, you may be asked to state who was driving the car, but you are under no legal obligation to release that information.

Goodluck with the hearing,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Thanks for your response.
Along with ticket, I got a form which requires that I had to explain that I am not the driver and there is section for Driver's Name and Address. Do I need to fill that form while responding? What shall I do?