Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I side swiped a pole and there was very minimal to no damage…

Customer Question
I side swiped a...

I side swiped a pole and there was very minimal to no damage on the pole only damage to my car. I didn’t know how to report it so I was citated a hit an run. I have no idea what my legal options are

Lawyer's Assistant: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

It just happened yesterday in Iowa and I have not yet talked to anyone

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Yes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
3/12/2018
Traffic Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Hit and run charge in Iowa without bodily injury is a misdemeanor crime punishable by up to 30 days in jail and a fine of up to $625 upon conviction.

So, given the seriousness of this criminal charge and also potential jail time upon conviction, the only option would be to consult and retain an experienced local criminal defense attorney to represent you in your pending criminal case.

You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:

www.lexmundi.com

www.martindale.com

www.lawyers.com

www.legalmatch.com

When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

Thank you.

Thank you.

Traffic Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you