Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I bought a motorcycle from a guy that has rental property…

Customer Question
I bought a motorcycle...

I bought a motorcycle from a guy that has rental property and he said a tenant had abandoned it.i have a bill of sale for it, but in texas i read the bike has to have been last registered in texas in order to get a bonded title. How can i get a title for it?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Texas but it was last registered in NM.

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this going to cost me?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
3/12/2018
Traffic Lawyer: legal, Attorney replied 3 months ago
legal
legal, Attorney

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

If the individual is a resident and the bike is out of state, then it is still possible to get a bonded title so long as the VIN is verified by a Texas certified safety inspection center; please see the instructions here:

https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/buying-or-selling-a-vehicle/bought-a-vehicle-with-no-title

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.

legal
legal
legal, Attorney