Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I have 2 for non stoping, 1 for non. Noi have 2 for non

Hi i have 2...

Hi i have 2 for non stoping, 1 for non

Lawyer's Assistant: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Noi have 2 for non stopping,1 for speed at illinois go

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

I did and send to school and told to came back in april

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Today i got pull over by kenosha county sheriff

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have 2 non stopping tickets, 1 for speeding all those in illinois, i when to court and the jugde send to the school and told me to came back on april, today i got pull over by kenosha county sheriff and i get a ticket for speding, by the time i go back to court i don't know what is going to happen help me please
Answered in 1 day by:
3/12/2018
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm Wendy, a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still need help, I’m so concerned about please if you want me to explain a little bit more let me know
Nate, Attorney

Is the new ticket in a different county from the original ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the new is from Kenosha county, The others tickets is from cook county and will county

You were eligible for school with the previous tickets and that's the deal you got. As long as you do that, submit your certificate, they will go away. What happens with the new one in Kenosha is that you will have likely pay a fine and points will go on your record. It will not affect your prior deal regarding traffic school.

If you have any follow up questions, please let me know. I'm more than happy to help further! If not, please do go ahead and rate my assistance to you today.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the court send me to the school and they told me not to get pull over again because if I do, I will not like their results am supposed to go back in April 27 and give my school certificate to the court and they want to check my driving record again what you think is going to happen ?

Sometimes new citations don't show up until they are resolved. It's very possible that they don't even realize you've been pulled over again and things just go through. If the new citation does appear, you'll likely have to pay a fine and the previous tickets will add points to your record.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You think is possible to get my driver license susppended because of all that ? I want to pevent that and also you think I need a lawyer for going back to court ?

It depends on the amount of points that you have in total. Here's the basic rundown of what counts for how many points in Illinois:

• Speeding
    • 1 to 10 mph over the limit – 5 points
    • 11 to 14 mph over the limit – 15 points
    • 15 to 25 mph over the limit – 20 points
    • Greater than 25 mph over the limit – 50 points
  • Reckless driving – 55 points
  • Failure to obey a stop sign – 20 points
  • Failure to obey a traffic signal or light – 20 points

If you are over 21 and you receive three convictions for traffic tickets in a 12-month period, your license could be suspended. The length of your suspension depends on the number of points on your record as follows:

• 0 – 14 points – no action
  • 15 – 44 points – 2-month suspension
  • 45 – 74 points – 3-month suspension
  • 75 – 89 points – 6-month suspension
  • 90 – 99 points – 9-month suspension
  • 100 or more points – 12-month suspension

Based on what you've said so far, you could be facing a potential 3 month suspension. I would suggest you contact the local bar association and ask for a traffic / criminal lawyer referral.

Let me know if you have any further questions. If not, please do remember to rate my service!

Thanks!

Nate, Attorney
Nate, Attorney