Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

If there is a 10day dmv ordered against me (obgus by the…

If there is a...

If there is a 10day dmv ordered against me (obgus by the plaintiff) can the plantiff email me?

Lawyer's Assistant: Regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

North Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He filed a 50b with the magistrate and got a 10 day order until we can got to court for him to extend it for a year. He has emailed I have not reported it.

Answered in 1 day by:
3/13/2018
Nate, Attorney

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

The protections provided by the law go both ways. If he has contacted you since filing, then he potentially could have issues with the court. There is no need to report it right now. Just be sure to print off a copy of the email and bring it with you to court to show the judge. Once the judge sees that he has been contacting you it is very likely that a 1 year order will not be issued.

If you have any follow up questions, please let me know. I'm more than happy to help further! If not, please do go ahead and rate my assistance to you today.

Thank you!

Is this based on NC law?

This is the way these hearings work in every state. It's not a law, it's based on the simple principal of fairness and how courts operate. Someone can't try to use the court to get there way to avoid contact and then make contact.

Thank you!

You are welcome. And good luck! Please remember to rate my service 5 STARs and favorite me for future questions.

Nate, Attorney