Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I wad driving with a passenger in the car, I was hit, the…

Customer Question
I wad driving with a...
I wad driving with a passenger in the car , I was hit , the passenger does not work at all , does he have a case
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Traffic Law
3/8/2018
Traffic Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your post, however, I am not sure what you mean by "a case." Against whom and for what exactly?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Pain and suffering
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
A case against the driver for pain and suffering

Alright, If a passenger in a vehicle has been injured, then they have a right to file an injury claim (which will include pain and suffering) with the "at fault" driver's insurance company. The insurance company will then try to settle with the passenger based on the evidence of any injury, etc. If the two parties cannot agree on a settlement amount, then the passenger can hire an attorney to file suit against the driver of the "at fault" vehicle and their insurance company will defend the lawsuit.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could reply to this answer and let me know that I covered your question, then the Site will give me credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 8th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me, even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.

Marsha411JD, Lawyer