Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Had a minor fender bender and left scene, cops tried to

Had a minor fender...

Had a minor fender bender and left scene, cops tried to contact me but I was scared because I had a minor seizer and was not sure if I should contact them

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this happened?

Evans colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I was arrested last Friday and got ticket for leaving scene and carless driving

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it

1/21/2018
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Just to be clear, you want to know if you should contact the police at this time?

No I have court date 03/20/18 I just wanted to know what to expect.

Thank you. You need to decide if you want to fight this and contest it or take a plea and resolve it. The burden is on the State to prove the charge against you beyond a reasonable doubt, so if nobody saw you behind the wheel driving and you did not admit to anything when investigated, they may have a hard time. Of course, you can take a plea and resolve this. Now, if you advise and they learn you had a seizure, you likely could have your license suspended as well, for health reasons, for a period of time.

if I just pled guilty pay fine what will likely happen?

If you take a plea deal, they would likely impose a fine, court costs, restitution and make consider probation or a driving class. It would be on your record and this could affect your insurance as well.

But no jail?

Not for something like this, if you are a first time offender. Unless someone was seriously injured, jail would be a last resort.

Thank you

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney