Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Does new traffic law prevents person to use marijuana

Hello, Does new traffic law prevents...
Does new traffic law prevents person to use marijuana edibles in addition to smoking? If I know that ex husband is using these around our child what is the most efficient way to report him?
Does it help to call police before child drop of if I suspect he will be under influence during this time? He mentioned he was using it at night with our child around. Is my declaration would be enough evidence to open a case for DUI?
Do cookies and mints (edibles) have enough % of marijuana to make it above approved guideline?
Thank you!
1/20/2018
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. It is about impairment. If he is impaired and under the influence, there could be a basis to charge him. Moreover, if he has custody of the children and needs to care for them and is under the influence and impaired, it could be enough to remove them from his care. If you believe this to be the case, you can call the police or child services and ask them to perform a wellness check when he has them or if you believe he is driving and under the influence and there are children in the car, call and report this.

Good morning, thank you for your fast response.
Can police test ex husband for marijuana presence during wellness check?
If we are meeting in the store next to ex”s house and it is only a few minutess won’t be driving for too long is it enough time for police to react? Can I tell them about my concerns before we meet for child pick up?
I meant child drop of place is a few min from ex”s house

No, they may not. They would observe and see the situation but they could not just enter and test him, at that time. If you have concerns, you can call them and report this and see if they would appear when you meet to exchange and see if they can get involved but if this is not criminal, they may not be able to act. Now, if he is impaired and gets in his car and drives away, they could stop him and investigate.

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Can they visually identify impairment during child drop off or Test him in a public place?

They could observe him, so it all depends on the effect it has on him. Just because it is in his system does not mean he is impaired at that time as it could have been ingested a day before. The officer will use their training and experience and may possibly bring in a drug recognition expert if needed.

Thank you! What are possible consequences for him for driving under influence while having a child in the car?

You are welcome. He could be charged with DUI with a child in the car and child endangerment. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney