Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Is this court order void since it has no stamp under seal or…

Customer Question
Is this court order void...
Is this court order void since it has no stamp under seal or clerks signature? It's traffic ticket and considered criminal. There's no clerks signature or seal on the order. The judge is a retired judge who signed it and the judge's name under the signature is the presiding judge where it's printed.28 U.S. Code § 1691 -All writs and process issuing from a court of the United States shall be under the seal of the court and signed by the clerk thereof.18 U.S. Code § 505
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
1/17/2018
Traffic Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

ok

Thanks for your patience. The answer to your question is yes, it is still valid. The court does allow for parties to request that the court fix whatever errors may have occurred, for example, like a judge's or clerk's signature missing as well. Usually, that has to be done within 28-30 days after the judgment is entered. So, if it is within the timeframe, I would recommend that you get it changed soon to ensure that the order is valid.

Otherwise, the court will still have a copy on file, even if it s not properly signed or stamped.

Regardless, the judgment will remain valid unless a court orders otherwise.

What other questions did you have for me today?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer