Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I got a fixit ticket for expired registration a few months…

I got a fixit ticket...
I got a fixit ticket for expired registration a few months ago. My car just passed smog and I got my car registered now. The court date is tomorrow. I’m about to go to get my ticket signed off right now. Should I go to the court house with my registration and signed off ticket today? Or should I just take it with me tomorrow?If I go to the court house today, do i still need to appear in court tomorrow?It’s already 12:15pm now. I just got off work. Not sure what I have time to do or what would be the best way to handle this. I appreciate your help.I live in california, by the way.
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2018
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Yes, since your court date is so close you would still need to attend court tomorrow.

Take your registration and ticket with you to court tomorrow as well.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. To clarify, should i go today also? Do that my fixit ticket will be “fixed” before my day in court. And then of course, I’ll also go tomorrow.Or do i not need to go today?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I meant “so that my fixit ticket....”

You would still want to get the ticket signed off on today, then take it with you to court tomorrow and the judge should dismiss it.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you still have any questions.

​Please take a moment to leave a positive rating for me, 5 stars are always appreciated, thanks!

Nisha Jones
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you for your help.
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones