Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I was involved in an accident yesterday in Maryland i live…

I was involved in...

I was involved in an accident yesterday in Maryland i live in Delaware, i received a ticket for failure to yield @ intersection right of way to another vehicle and received a ticket for $150.00 should I pay or go to court ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The accident happened in Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Insurance company police report

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No injuries

1/16/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Actually, you should go to court and you should plead not guilty. In most of these cases, if you show the insurance company paid the damages and the driver of the other vehicle does not show up the prosecutor will dismiss the citation OR at the very worst will reduce it to a non-moving violation, which does not go against your insurance or license.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney