Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I just got a speeding ticket. It was a reckless. 85/60. VA.

I just got a...

I just got a speeding ticket. It was a reckless. 85/60

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

VA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

It’s dated for tomorrow but it happened today

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Also the officer checked the accident block but there was no accident.

1/14/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

What is your question for us about this situation?

Should i get a lawyer for this ticket?
Can it be reduced?

Thank you for your reply.

Should you get a lawyer, yes, because in VA this is a misdemeanor criminal charge, not just a regular speeding violation. Will it get reduced, if you have no other bad driving record, in 90% of the cases if you go to court with an attorney, they will typically reduce the speed and make it into a violation instead of a misdemeanor criminal offense.

So, yes, you need to go to court and plead not guilty and you need to get your attorney to meet with the commonwealth attorney and they will in most all cases reduce the citation.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.