Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I have a question regarding a few tickets. Ohio. I have a…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question regarding a few tickets

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

I have a hearing on 1/17

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I had a ticket in November and December of 16

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/13/2018
Traffic Lawyer: CriminalDefense, Attorney replied 4 months ago
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Can you please share with me what your question is?

Hello. I received a ticket in November 16 (conviction 1/4/17) and December 16( conviction 3/16/17). I was pulled over on 1/10/18 on a two lane road. I was keeping up with traffic and an officer moving in the opposite direction pulled me over. The officer said I have a hearing on 1/17/18 and will lose my license for a 3rd violation in one year

When you get multiple speeding tickets in the space of a year, it is no longer a payable minor misdemeanor ticket. You face more serious misdemeanor penalties in Ohio — including the possibility of jail time.

• Two Tickets In a Year — When you already have two tickets on your record within the previous year, your third ticket can be charged as a fourth-degree misdemeanor. If you are convicted, you may be sentenced to up to 30 days in jail and have to pay a fine of up to $250.
  • Three or More Tickets in a Year — When you’ve gotten three or more tickets within a year, your fourth or subsequent speeding ticket can be charged as a third-degree misdemeanor. You face up to 60 days in jail and a fine of up to $500 if convicted.

Points from individual tickets are cumulative, and in Ohio when you reach 12 points on your license within 2 years, your license is suspended. So if you get three 4-point speeding tickets in 2 years, you can lose your driver’s license for 6 months and have to pay reinstatement fees to get it back when your suspension is over.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Ely, Attorney