Layne Pecoff
Layne Pecoff,
Experience:  dasdasd
68071988

When you receive a Traffic Violation, such as speeding, does

When you receive a Traffic Violation, such as speeding, does that automatically go to DMV, or does the ticket stay open, until you either go to court or plead guilty, and pay fine. Then does the Violation apply to the Day you plead, or on the day, you received Traffic Violation??
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: September 1st, I received a Probationary period of 3 MO, with Driving Privelages, 2 weeks before the end
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need to know, If the ticket is applied at time of ticket or when you plead guilty or go to court

I am a traffic law attorney expert and I will be helping you. Nice to meet you.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not create an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I will be answering your question with the expectation that if you are satisfied with my answer, you will give a positive rating. Thanks!

I want to make sure I understand your question:

1-when does the DMV get notified that you've gotten a ticket for speeding?

2-when does the start date for your penalty period begin?

If that is what you are asking, let me know and I'll be back with your answer - otherwise fill in the blanks where I'm missing something. Thanks!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have until Monday the 15th, to ask for a hearing. Here is the scenario, I was basically put on a 3 Month Prob period for accumulating 18 points within 2 years. They gave me full Driving Privelages during this time Sept. 1st To Dec. 1st.
On November 17th I received a Speeding Ticket, I was told I could appear in court Dec. 17th, or Call in and pay the fine. I waited until Dec. 9th, to pay Ticket. I received my full license back Dec. 1st, and then on Dec 20th, I received a letter from DMV, that my license was suspended for 1 year. So, I need to know, since I plead guilty and paid ticket on the 9th of Dec., shouldn’t the violation begin to be on my record that Day, and not the 17th when I received violation?

Hello - do you still want to request a Phone call? I am happy to help!

I am having trouble reaching you, so perhaps I can just answer here in the Q&A, rather than going to the phone call. I am totally available to meet by phone, though, if you would prefer.

The important thing to remember here is that when you were stopped for speeding on the 17th of November, you were currently under the Probation period. Even though you pled guilty to the speeding on December 9th, the court would then contact the DMV to let them know of the conviction. Yes, the date of the punishment would begin on the date you pled guilty, BUT the DMV would see that you were on probation on the date of the infraction, so that is why your license was suspended. Does that make sense? It might be easier to explain on the phone and I am here if you would prefer that. Thanks!