Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I was involved in an accident and had noinsurance at that…

Customer Question
Hello! I was involved...

Hello! I was involved in an accident and had noinsurance at that moment. Insurance company covered damage of the person i hit but now they gave a subrogation collection agency a chance to get that miney from me. They called and sent letter threatening to suspend my licence. I live in Ohio. DL is Illinois.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Ohio, november 26

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

They did not sue me bit i have to go to court for a red light violation

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not sure

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
1/9/2018
Traffic Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

They can try and suspend your license here, you have appeal rights if they do so back in Illinois.This would eventually catch up to you at licesen renewal if you are in Ohio and have Ohio license.

Reference to your appeal rights.

https://www.dmv.org/il-illinois/suspended-license.php

I would contact them and see if you can resolve it and avoid suspension, otherwise you can appeal any proposed suspension here in Illinois.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.Let me know if you have followup.

Ok thank you. So that means these types of agencies have a legal authority to tell DMV to suspend lincenses?

Yes because you did not have current insurance and they paid claim and are trying to get you to reimburse.They can likely suspend your license unless you can resolve it with payments here.I know you need your license.

Ok thanks a lot

You are so welcome hope you can resolve this with them, thanks ofr rating 5 stars at topof page.

Ray, Lawyer