Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I lost my TBD and requested a TDN for red light camera I…

Customer Question
HelloI lost my TBD and...
HelloI lost my TBD and requested a TDN for red light camera I paid the fine. I received yesterday the court date but can't attend because I'm overseas caring for my sick mom. Court date is February 1 and I'm coming back in US between March 19 to April 3.What can I do?
I'm afraid of getting suspention on my license or misdemeanor or warrant.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Traffic Law
1/7/2018
Traffic Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

You need to write the court and ask for a continuance and attach proof you are out of the country at this time and a copy of your return ticket, if you have it. The only other option is you would have to hire a local attorney to represent you in court and they can show up in court on the court date and pursue your case. Those are your two options.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How much attorney would cost?

Thank you for your reply.

Typically for a traffic case, about $400 or so.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm caring for my Ill mother I'll only be back from March 19 to April 3. Can I request traffic school instead of showing up?
What do I risk if I don't show since I already paid?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you in LA? It's Santa Monica court. I git red-light camera picture was hat and sunglasses and I still got ticket ...it was from rental car rental company told them was me. Could you have it dismiss?

Thank you for your reply.

You could request traffic school from the clerk, but they do not have to allow it. As you already paid, they would find you guilty and they would close the case.

I am sorry but we cannot represent anyone from this site, it is forbidden by the state law.

Had you never responded to this red light camera ticket at all, LA County does not pursue them and it would have been dismissed, but now you did respond, you are stuck, so you have to go through with it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you serious! !! OMG I got someone on here that told me that but also told me that if I do not deal with it would stay on my record forever and basically would hant me down the road so I decided to paid ...I'm so mad so why are they so hard and found me guilty with this really shady picture where I had glasses and sun protector from my car and hat ....I told them if they can prove beyond resonnable doubt wasn't me ....and on TBD found ne guilty how crazy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I request traffic school on phone? To the clerck?
Can I or should I fight this to get money back?
So you are sure I don't risk misdemeanor or suspension or warrant?
Sure???

Thank you for your reply.

Well they misinformed you I am afraid. Sorry about that.

You have to contact the clerk about traffic school. You cannot get a refund, you are going to have to pay and ask for school. You not appearing means you are guilty and you lose your fine.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney