Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Received a speeding ticket violation VC22349()-I. Fine is…

Received a speeding ticket violation...
Received a speeding ticket violation VC22349(B)-I. Fine is $489 which I will pay. However, the notice I just received had the Traffic School box marked N/A. At the time if getting the ticket, the CHP officer clearly explained that I could go to traffic school so as to keep my insurance from going up. I have had a clean record for over 35 years.
1/7/2018
legal
legal, Attorney
Normally a speeding ticket is eligible unless the driver us disqualified. Please see:http://www.courts.ca.gov/9410.htmIt may be worthwhile to contact the clerk to see if there is an error on one's driving record.
The clerk may authorize traffic school so long as the speed limit did not exceed 25 miles per hour over the posted limit. Please seehttp://www.courts.ca.gov/cms/rules/index.cfm?title=four&linkid=rule4_104
Vehicle code 41501 allows the judge to permit traffic school. Please seehttps://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=VEH&division=17.&title=&part=&chapter=6.&article=Further questions please post here otherwise kindly rate positively. Thank you.
Thank you. I will pay the fine, contact the clerk and see if I can have a hearing. Does that sound reasonable? Oh yes, I was 32 mph over the 55mhp speed limit. All my fault for being distracted by the beautiful drive.
Are you still planning on calling?
that sounds reasonable. The clerk will not be able to authorize the traffic school because of the 25mph rule. Good luck to you on this!
I'm sorry as I am not set up for phone calls so I checked and your request has been placed in the phone call queue so you should receive a call soon. I don't have access to your account so can't provide exact information.
legal
legal, Attorney
Thank you.
Phone call session started
legal
legal
legal, Attorney