Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I got a speeding ticket in WI, live in IL. I have court

Customer Question
I got a speeding...

I got a speeding ticket in WI, live in IL. I have court today. I don't think IL cares about points, but I want to ensure that my insurance does not get notified. So I was hoping to change the ticket to a differnt type.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ticket was in WI, I live in IL

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Yes, today

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just need to avoid them reporting it to IL

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/4/2018
Traffic Lawyer: Thelawman2, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Wisconsin is not a member of the Drivers License Compact (which is a group of states which reports convictions to other states). Therefore, Illinois should not find out about your driving ticket in Wisconsin.