Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

My 16 yr old son got a 111 mph speeding ticket in a 75 mph…

Customer Question
My 16 yr old...

My 16 yr old son got a 111 mph speeding ticket in a 75 mph zone...36 mph over and has to appear before the judge. Is it likely that they'll suspend his license. State of Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Because he 16 and under the court requires for my son to appear and of course his legal guardian

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
12/26/2017
Traffic Lawyer: legal, Attorney replied 7 months ago
legal
legal, Attorney
If the court finds the driver to be guilty that would be a 2 point charge on their license and the court may therefore suspend driving privileges. This would require a conviction so it is best to hire an attorney to contest the basis for the ticker, for example testing of the detection equipment used, officer training, etc. If successful it may result in a dismissal and that can save substantially on insurance premiums. Many traffic law attorneys charge a flat fee.