Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I got a court summons for a speeding ticket, I was going 52c…

Customer Question
I got a court...

I got a court summons for a speeding ticket, I was going 52c in a 35 Why am I being summoned

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Yes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
12/26/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Blake, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Blake
Blake, Lawyer

Hello, I am a licensed attorney with JustAnswer and I will be happy to help you with this. Please keep in mind that this conversation is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. Please wait one moment while I review this matter for you.

Thank you for your patience. In Arizona, an accompanying summons must be served on you after you are issued a traffic citation. It may be the case that you received this summons simply as part of the regular due process of the citation.

If any of the documents you have received give you the option to plead guilty without showing up in court then you can choose to do so if you are comfortable accepting the penalties that you will incur (these penalties should also be explained in the documents you have received).

If you do not want to accept the penalties and feel that you have a meritorious defense, then you can choose to show up at Court at the time listed in the summons and plead your case. It is always best to be represented by an attorney if you choose to do this, but you are free to show up without one if you choose.

__________________________________
If you are satisfied with this answer, please press the “accept” button now and leave a 5 star rating so that I may be given credit for the service that I provided you.
Once you press “accept” and leave a positive rating to this answer, this question will lock open and you will be able to return here at any time to ask me follow-up questions for free, which I will be happy to answer.
If there is any way I can provide better service, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Blake
Blake
Blake, Lawyer