Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I got a speeding ticket (85 in a 75 zone) how can I prevent…

Customer Question
I got a speeding...

I got a speeding ticket (85 in a 75 zone) how can I prevent this from going on my record and how much will it cost?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Traffic Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

The ticket is $44.00 and I don't mind paying it, I just don't want it on my record.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NM

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Not unless I contest the ticket.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
12/18/2017
Traffic Lawyer: CriminalDefense, Attorney replied 7 months ago
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

If you do not want this on your record it is certainly in your best interest to retain a traffic ticket defense attorney to represent you. The first thing which they will want to d is review the face of the citation and see if there is a legal basis to get it dismissed. If not, they will then have to look over the facts of the case and decide if it is in your best interest to work out a plea deal or to take the case to trial and make the State prove the allegation(s) against you. The officer will need to be present. If he/she fails to appear at trial, the case will likely be dismissed, unless a continuance is granted by the Judge, upon the showing of good cause. If the officer does appear, your attorney will be given a chance to cross-examine them and attack their credibility. The attorney is going to want to inspect their documents and log book, to make sure that the speed measuring device was properly calibrated, that they have the citation logged and are certified to use the equipment. Moreover, they will question them about their training and experience, trying to create doubt that they may have not known what they were doing and improperly measured your speed. They will also raise any other possible defenses, which you may have, to try and obtain a finding of not guilty.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Thank You, I'll just pay the ticket.

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.