Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

California Re stop sign ticket and the "Limit Line" and a…

Customer Question
California Re stop sign ticket and...
California
Re stop sign ticket and the "Limit Line" and a Crosswalk.
I got a stop sign ticket for a rolling stop (5 mph) at an intersection that has a limit line that had not been removed and a crosswalk that is newer.Is there a requirement that a limit line be removed when a crosswalk is added? Can I argue that having both was confusing?Any other suggestions for a rolling stop.I'd like an answer soon please as I'm doing Trial by Written Declaration and want to send it soon.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
Answered in 1 day by:
12/19/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law replied 2 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Your Questions:

Is there a requirement that a limit line be removed when a crosswalk is added?

Response 1: There is no such requirement that I was able to find. Also see California Vehicle Code Section 22450.

Can I argue that having both was confusing?

Response 2: You can. However, that appears to be a losing argument, unfortunately. See California Vehicle Code Section 22450.

Any other suggestions for a rolling stop.

Response 3: Unfortunately, I do not have any suggestions. Based on the information that you have provided here, it may be prudent to ask for leniency by the Court because the odds are stacked against you.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law