Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I parked in a handicapped parking one night by accident.

Customer Question
I parked in a...

I parked in a handicapped parking one night by accident. This is my first such offence. I just want to know what I need to be prepared for when I appear in court.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you know who owns the lot?

It is in Blackwood New Jersey 08012. The lot is owned by lakeveiw apartments and Townhomes. The only way to know that its a Handicapped parking is a small sign on the gat in front of the apartment which I did not see at night.

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats about it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
12/17/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

The penalty for a first offense is $250. It is not a defense that you made a mistake. It is a defense of there was no signage or it was obscured.

In that case, bring photos showing the absence of a visible sign in the space or that the sign was obscured and the violation may be dismissed.

Otherwise, be prepared to pay a $250 fine.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Lawyer